The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

Begin to Take Lead

Taviana Woods

If you are interested in teaching, becoming an educator, or care about instructing future generations, then “Take Lead” is the perfect club for you! They are dedicated to helping students become teachers by hosting events such as leadership workshops, bonding events, and fundraisers. 

The president and vice president of the club, Seniors Jessica Peck and Kaelyn Hara work with their advisor Mrs. Rheaume to ensure a place for these students on campus to congregate and learn together. These include: collaborating on events, updating the curriculum to stay relevant with current students, and working together to ensure the continuation of the class. There are a total of 110 members and it has been a big aid in helping students on their pathway to becoming educators since 2017. 

The club was revamped last year and their name was changed from “Educators Rising” to “Take Lead.” Anyone is welcome to join, including those who aren’t on the academic pathway. This allows more students to gain the benefits of the pathway without actually having to be a part of it since freshmen year. In order to learn more about the club and further information about future events, check out and follow their Instagram @cerritostakelead.