The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

Exploring Special Interest Clubs

Taken by Meme Aghahowa
(left to right) Daisy Nwosu, Mukta Dalal, Jonathan Guerrero, Maddison Weiler

On a sunny Tuesday afternoon, our special interests clubs were presented. During lunch, the quad became a gathering place for students to explore and learn about these special interest clubs.

(left to right) Lauren Hong, Claire Farinas Virtudazo (Taken by Meme Aghahowa)

The groups that were spotted ranged from Paws For A Cause to the Lighthouse. The president of the Lighthouse Club, Jacob Cha, stood behind their stall explaining the benefits of the Lighthouse to students in an effort to gain membership. Members of the clubs canvassed the quad with signs and sandwich boards to promote interest in their clubs. 

The purpose behind these clubs was to encourage and welcome students into diverse communities to build friendships, discover their strengths, and to learn new skills. Michal Mengitsu, the president of the Girl Up Club, hopes to “create an environment on campus for Cerritos that’s safe and helps advocate for women’s rights.” 

(left to right) Kaylena Basto, Kate, Michal Mengitsu, Olivia Mendoza (Taken by Meme Aghahowa)

The President of another popular campus club, Cerritos Wellness, said, “…that they have access to a ton of mental health resources.”