The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

DON’T SHAKE OFF TAYLOR SWIFT

SHE HAS PROVEN HER ICON STATUS
Taylor Swift wearing a fairycore dress during her folklore era.

It’s been a long time coming… for Swiftys to have pop sensation Taylor Swift offers an extensive view of the sold-out The Eras Tour in all its splendor and intimacy. Director Sam Wrench seamlessly captures every second as Swift performs for just shy of three hours as she travels through her discography.

Regardless of which era Taylor Swift performed, what is evident is her ability to establish and keep emotional connections with her songs and audience. She showcases her joy in every moment while she is on the stage. Through the eras, Swift is able to make every individual feel like a friend, which is a testament to her capacity to maintain relatability despite her stardom. This consistency is evident throughout the film, regardless of which era or song she performs.

Throughout the concert, film fans receive a comprehensive look at Swift’s greatest hits like “ Shake it Off,” “We Are Never Getting Back Together,” and “Love Story.” Yet, this film allow plenty of time to be immersed in the storytelling found in eras of “folklore” and “evermore.” The viewers receive standout perfor-mances like “champagne problems” at a moss-covered piano. Then followed with a performance of “tolerate it” as she smashes silverware and a vase across a table. Equally moving is Swift with her acoustic guitar within the “folklore” cabin as she sings “betty.” Each era that fans travel through is a remarkable experience.

An intriguing aspect of the film is the attention to detail. The color and design of Swift’s microphones and earpieces change to represent each era along with her wardrobe. Each detail illustrates the tremendous effort she invested in The Eras Tour, all of which have now come to life on the big screen securing an estimated $129.8 million (domestic box office). While the 165-minute runtime may seem lengthy for non-die-hard fans, it is undeniably entertaining. Put aside preconceptions and embrace the journey.