The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

Senior Dons Celebrate Making Money Move

Soren Centeno
From left to right- Seniors Michael Mengitsu and Ava Vallefuoco and playing the money game

On Tuesday, April 16, Senior Dons who completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) were excused from first period to celebrate “Making Money Move” with a party in the East Gym. Despite FAFSA delays making it more difficult to fill out the form, the party had a solid turn out of 140 Dons.

“The FAFSA was pretty hard, so I’m glad to be able to celebrate finally finishing it,” said senior Kiana Fong. Seniors were treated to a variety of games and food, including ice cream, chips, ping pong, Jenga, Tic-Tac-Toe, and more. The highlight of the activities was the money game, in which students had to catch as much fake money as they could in order to win a coupon for a free Jersey Mike’s Sub. The top three players were Lielta Tibebe with $32 thousand dollars, Geoff Bar with $31 thousand dollars, and Ava Vallefuoco with $28 thousand dollars. 

The event was put together by Link Crew and Ms. Holly Matchett, but all students helped clean the gym. Congrats to our seniors for completing the FAFSA and making money move!