The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

Kick Off with Extracurricular Clubs

Taken by Elon Morris
Drama Club’s showcase of their awards and an invitation to join
(Left to Right) Gwen Duckworth and Johann Gibbs
(Taken by Elon Morris)

Yesterday’s club week spotlight was our extracurricular clubs. Students gathered in the quad during

lunch to find out more about these groups and see if any of them suited their interests. 

The clubs ranged from Computer Programmers United (CPU) to the Drama—who displayed all of their awards and trophies at their booth. Activities were also held which gave students the opportunity to learn more about the clubs. 

(Left to right) Tanisha Batta and Jasmine Manuel (Taken by Elon Morris)

As students walked toward the ART Club’s table, they were met with posters that informed them about the group. Additionally, the ART Club had small scratchboard stars where students could make colorful designs with friends. 

Students were also given the opportunity to take pictures with the boards created by the Spanish and Take the Lead Club. 

These clubs were created with the intention of teaching students new skills they could use in the future. President of the Spanish Club, Jasmine Manuel, expressed how “learning a new language could open more doors.”