The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

Dancing Dice Delight, A Casino Royale Night

Left to Right Back Row: Senior Isaac Medina, Senior Shay Pema, Senior Diego Martinez, Junior Nathan Burton, Junior Jeeya Sabharwal, Senior Paula Quesada, Junior Sahil Dhir, Sophomore Noah Ng, Sophomore Michael Lam, and Sophomore Aneek Patel. Front Row: Junior Samantha Duran, Junior Aizha Khan, Freshman Annabella Romero, Sophomore Lauren Arca, Sophomore Riya Srivastav, Senior Sophia Suarez, Senior Sofia Vasquez Freshman Anaya Hughes, and Freshman Jacob Arcangel.

A few months ago, The Winter Premiere was held in the quad but now the Winter Formal Dance is around the corner! All that built-up excitement is about to become a once-life experience. Here is a reminder of how our sophomore class officers brought us the premiere for the dance that will be going on tomorrow night.

The sophomore class officers, led by President Yujun Ge, presented an intriguing winter premiere filled with jazz music and a Monte Carlo vibe. After a skit, a fashion show, and an announcement of king and queen nominees the location for the space-limited winter formal, Casino Royale, was disclosed: Hangar 21 in Fullerton. 

As students made their way to the quad on November 28, they saw a vibrant stage in the middle of campus. Props of red carpet, black backdrops, and white dice adorned the area all hinting at the theme.  The skit performance consisted of a thief played by Junior Naomi Khanna stealing the “million dollar” crown while a security guard, freshman Shane Gentry, tried to retrieve it. 

Several sophomores graced the catwalk in formal appropriate attire serving as an inspiration to  students for outfit ideas. Walkers went up in pairs or solo showcasing unique handshakes, and fun poses as their picture was taken. Afterward, the Sophomore officers: President, Amy Yujun Ge; Vice President, Julianne Ji; and Treasurer, Nikhita Guntapalli, announced the 24 nominees from all grade levels, three boys and three girls from each grade, and invited them to come on stage after they received their sash and gold bar. “I’m really happy that I got nominated. It came as a surprise, but I’m looking  forward to the hope of becoming Winter Formal Princess,” said Senior Sophia Suarez. 

Dance contracts were distributed to students with additional copies available at the ASB window. There are a limited number of tickets for this dance. Only 500 will be sold and they are not part of the class packages students have the opportunity to purchase at the start of the year. Tickets cost $80 with ASB $90 without ASB when purchased from Dec. 11 to Dec. 20, and $100 with or without ASB when purchased from Jan. 8 to Jan 12.

The dance will be on January 27. Our freshmen, sophomore, and junior prince and princesses will be announced along with our senior King and Queen this evening, adding an extra layer of excitement and celebration.

Doors will be open from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. promising an unforgettable night where the glamour of Monte Carlo awaits students!