The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

The Most Magical Place On Earth With The Leadership Team

ASB, Journalism, & Yearbook posing with Mickey

A group comprising of ASB, Journalism, and Yearbook students attended a leadership program on Wednesday, February 8, 2024. Juan Bendaña, a keynote speaker, was a guest at the leadership event. The motivational speech presented to them taught our leaders a variety of skills to help lead a life that aligns with the three R’s of the Cerritos Way – Ready, Respectful, and Real. 

Juan Bendaña spoke about the concept of challenging your fears and gaining confidence by following the habits of successful individuals which include: building courage, generating and maintaining high energy, taking action, and letting go of judgement. He told stories of his own personal experiences while being interactive with the audience , which was packed with students from a variety of schools in the Southern California area. 

After the seminar, students were able to enjoy the parks many attractions and restaurants for the rest of day. Danika Dauis, an ASB student explained the event as “a great way to bond with the group.” Around three P.M. everyone gathered around the ride ‘Jungle Cruise’ for a group tour. After the ride together, students got to freely enjoy the park for the rest of the evening. together. 

The event proved to be a memorable experience for the all members of ASB, Journalism, and Yearbook. Despite the rainy weather towards the end of the night, the group was determined to make the most of their time at the most magical place on earth.