The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

Loving and Doubling the MONEY in Way To Go Wednesday

Mariana Alonso
Principal Walker posing with Sophomore, Krish Parshotam who is holding a 100 dollar bill.

It’s finally time for students to receive their awards for another Way To Go Wednesday! Mr. Walker was unable to make it to Way to Go Wednesday so he sent his doppelganger, Cupid, to visit students in several classrooms. Cupid was accompanied by a cheering crew that consisted of Link Crew Leadership and Journalism. This time the students in third-period classes who were picked to spin the prize wheel were Emily Lopez, Jeurney Jomes, Hayden Ung, Krish Parshotam, and Osarieme Aghahowa.

As the students made their second stop at Ms. Lajci’s class, Cupid walked in with his bow and arrow, ready to “shoot” in the name of love. The second student in the same class was Sophomore Hayden Ung who made CHS history by being the first person this school year to land on Walker’s Washingtons which has been increasing throughout the previous monthly Way To Go Wednesdays meaning he got 250 dollars.

Directly after that win, the fourth winner in Mr. Armstrong’s class was Sophomore, Krish Parshotam. Cupid explained how there was no money in the Walker’s Washingtons, however he was interrupted by Mr. Armstrong who took out his wallet and gave a 100 dollar bill to Cupid. After putting the 100 dollars in the Walker’s Washingtons, Krish spun the wheel and shockingly landed on Walker’s Washingtons.  Krish won $100 because he showed the Cerritos Way, “by asking a lot of questions about presentations and paying attention in class, and now I think I’ll save my 100 dollars.”

As February comes to a close, students can leap forward towards a new month to show the Cerritos Way by being Respectful, Ready, and Real, and possibly a chance to spin the wheel on the next Way To Go Wednesday planned to be on March 27.