The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

A Warm Welcome At Open House

Mariana Alonso
Students representing the CTE Pathway Digital Art at Open House

Cerritos High School welcomed incoming freshmen and returning students to their annual Open House on March 12, 2024, highlighting the classes and sports available at Cerritos High School. Open House officially started with an assembly introducing the CTE pathways offered such as the Biomedical Pathway, the Patient Care and Pharmacy Pathway, Technology Pathway, Teacher Pathway, Engineer Pathway, Computer Science Pathway, and Digital Arts Pathway. After the assembly, students and parents visited stands outside or went inside classrooms to learn more about each class and/or sport.

During Open House, many classes had students’ works on display for students and parents to see. For example, the Digital Arts class had students’ prints and pins on display outside the 600 building, and inside the classroom, students would show their artwork to other students and parents. Throughout the whole event, teachers and students represented their class or sport and answered any questions students and parents had for them.

In addition to the class and sports displays, everyone was free to purchase snacks and drinks that supported Cerritos High School during Open House. Overall this event was a success, according to Ms. Rheaume, teacher of the CTE pathway Teacher Track, she says: “I loved the festive atmosphere this school year.” She hopes to experience another Open House similar to this year’s.