The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

WAY TO WING IT WEDNESDAY CELEBRATES STUDENTS WHO SHOW THE CERRITOS WAY

Captain Strive poses with Nikki Gungab, senior, who was chosen for Way to Go Wednesday.

Way To Wing it Wednesday celebrated students who showed the Cerritos Way during the month of Thanksgiving, hence the catchy name! There were 4 winners, Nikki Gungab, Tanya Quintero, Cassidy Morales, and Diana Sanchez; who were recognized for demonstrating the Cerritos Way. Each was given the chance to spin the impressive prize wheel in front of their third period classes.

After a rambunctious and spirited entrance into room 413 by Ms. Matchett’s leadership class, Journalism, and yearbook, senior Nikki Gungab learned she was one of the winners. Her spin came after she turned in lost air pods, and her kindness garnered her a Del Taco gift card.  In an interview with Nikki, she explains, “I found some airpods on the floor and I turned them in.”

Later during third period junior Tanya Quintero was honored for her preparedness in class. Her teacher Mrs. Lajci commented,  “She comes to class and she is ready to learn.”

There are plenty of months left to become a Way to Go winner for all of you reading this.  All you have to do is get caught displaying the Cerritos Way, and you too can have a chance to spin the wheel. The next Way To Go Wednesday will be on Dec. 13t, and we hope we’ll be visiting your 3rd period soon!