The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

GIRLS VARSITY CRUSH WHITNEY WITH A WIN

Chrisette Mcalister

Congratulations to girl varsity basketball at the home playing against Whitney High School on Tuesday night. This was an amazing win for Cerritos with the score of 64:60. 

The girls were making great shots throughout the game, with senior Oneykachi Nwanze making the most pointers. Great job to senior Mia Rivera, Cameron Lacorte, and Amber Multani for getting great defense on the court, helping their teammates to have time to shoot the ball. There were great saves by Mia Rivera who would save the ball from coming out of the court, this helped Cerritos have more time to make their shot. Even though Cerritos was close to losing, they hustled, communicated, and worked well as a team. 

This game was a great game, hearing the crowd cheer as the Cerritos girls worked on the court. After watching the girls varsity game it was an accomplishment to Cerritos, after Coach Marcus stated, “This was the best game they ever played all year.” Everyone worked hard and deserved that win. 

Everyone worked hard and deserved that win. This was a great game of effort and attentiveness on the court. Once again congratulations. Nice job varsity and good luck on your next game. Hope you come to the next girls varsity basketball game against Oxford Academy tomorrow, Jan. 19. This will be a great game to watch.