The Informer

The Student News Site of Cerritos High School

The Informer

The Informer

Get your Fright on for Freaky Friday Way to Go

Meme Aghahowa and Mariana Alonso
Principal Walker poses with Way to Go Wednesday winners

Despite the PSAT taking place on the last Wednesday of October, we still made time to recognize the amazing students who represented the “Cerritos Way” for our very own Freaky Friday Way to Go. We celebrated Sofia Barrio, Morgan Stecher, Michael Davalos, and Luke Meili, with a special visit to their third period classrooms to present them with their prizes.

Every month, we honor four students who were given and selected a “Way to Go” ticket for being Ready, Respectful, and Real. This opportunity allows them to spin the prize wheel for a chance to win a restaurant gift card, a lunch of their choice for the class, or Walker’s Washingtons.

Joined by the Associated Student Body (ASB) and journalism crew, Patrick Walker paraded around the school with his haunting ghostly get-up, bringing his enthusiastic and spirited energy to every class.

First up was Sofia Barrio, a Junior who represented the Cerritos Way by putting great effort to prepare for her history test. From her spin, she was able to earn a lunch of her choice for the entire class. Though surprised by this unexpected visit, Barrio was very grateful for her prize and was already thinking up ideas for her food of choice. 

In a similar fashion, Morgan Stecher was also able to win lunch for her class after Ms. V found her helping out the other students with their work. According to Stecher, she said that she was just “being a good student in math” and “helping others when they didn’t understand.”

In another instance, we had Michael Davalos demonstrate the Cerritos Way by asking for help when his teacher wasn’t around to unlock the class for them. Although he may have won himself a Domino’s gift card, he was disappointed that he couldn’t win the rest of his peers the class lunch for them all.

Finally, we stopped by our freshman class to meet Luke Meili, who was very shocked after finding out he was picked. He described that on his way to lunch he found a lost phone on the floor and had rightly turned it into the office. Meili was excited to use his Raising Cane’s gift card to celebrate his upcoming birthday.

Although we already chose our four exemplary students for the month, any student can still have the chance to win this November by being Ready, Respectful, and Real whenever you are on campus.